Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday Wisdom


From One Mountain, Many Paths
An American Freemason Speaks Out for Peace
by Dr. Patrick Swift
Click book or here to go to the page and buy it for yourself,


Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the children of God.


Matthew 5:9
Christianity

The man who is not hostile amongst the hostile, who is peaceful amongst the violent, not seizing upon anything amongst those that seize upon everything, him I call wise.

Sutta Nipata 630 Adapted
Buddhism

Do you know anyone like this? I have known some people like this. Peace just surrounds them and people seem to seek them out to be close to. I sometimes wonder how anyone can be that peaceful but it is something to strive for. Have a peaceful week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know one person like this, and I'm striving to be like that too. You have a peaceful week too!

Ur-spo said...

I've known a few of them; one is my Godfather. I sense the reason he does so well is he is with continuous Grace. lucky man.

Nessa said...

I don't know anyone like this but I wish I was.