Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday

This is the Stompin' Grounds. I met a former student there for coffee this morning. He just graduated (Master's) from ISU and is now working on his Doctorate. while there ran into the father of another student. It is kind of fun to do that.
I ate supper at the Suburban Restaurant tonight. They have the best pork tenderloins in the state as far as I am concerned. Also had a piece of homemade rhubarb pie. Delicious. Then I decided to drive to the Soper's Mill park and take some pictures. The Suburban is north of Ames about 5 miles. The little town there is called Gilbert and it is where I went to High School. I graduated from there 50 years ago. FIFTY YEARS AGO Oh my God -- I am getting OLD! (but don't send me jokes about getting old - I don't like them) (or religious stories - I don't like them either). Anyway I took some more pictures.

The Skunk River runs along the Soper's Mill and there is a little rapids there.
Sweet Williams are all over the place.


There is a little church near Soper's Mill called Pleasant Grove. It is a peaceful little Church. Our Junior Warden from Arcadia Lodge attends this church. I went there once with my great aunt and again when the DeMolay boys went there for Church Sunday. It is very nice and kind of like stepping back into the 1800's. It was built in 1873.


I think this beautiful area is especially nice and as I drove by I heard geese honking so I zoomed in on them, my camera is so nice.
It was a very nice little trip after supper. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL. Hugs, J

2 comments:

Raven said...

Been meaning to check in on you and see how the weather gods are treating you. Glad to see all is well. Love your photos. I hope your Spring is warmer than ours here, though today is beautiful and I can finally open my windows and let the fresh air in.

I love the last joke about Palin's forthcoming book. Thanks for all the good laughs.

Sheila said...

The story about how to clean the toilt is cut. That is probably what our dog is saying about our cat.lol.