Thursday, October 25, 2007

California Fires














I have been watching on the news about the fires in California. My heart goes out to all of the people affected by this horrible disaster.

I am incensed with some comments I read about trying to blame the fires on environmentalists and "people who hate America" CNN commentator Glenn Beck said:

“I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today.”
What a Jerk!

Anyway if you want to help there is a list of ways to help here.

I wrote an e-mail to our friend and brother Fred Klyne who was just here for our Red Cross meeting. (See when you know someone who lives in the area you worry more. It puts a personal face on things.) He writes:
It came close to my house, about a half mile, but that’s it. Didn’t have to evacuate, although the neighbors did. I’m just fine. The winds have shifted and the fire fighters are gaining the upper hand. I think most of the danger for most of us is past.

About 550,000 people evacuated

About 1250 home destroyed

About 300,000 acres burned.

It was a doozy!

Thanks for asking.
I have not heard of any Masonic relief efforts yet. If I do, I will post them. Let's all keep these folks in our prayers. Hugs, j-bear

No comments: