Tuesday, October 16, 2007

About Me


OK, I have looked over my "personality test" and will make some comments about it. Since this blog is about me if you aren't interested just skip this post. But I think some of the comments on the results tell me a lot about why I am the way I am.

You're open to suggestions, and often rely on others to assess the merit of those suggestions.
This is true. I always like to bounce my ideas off from others. Sometimes I go on with them. Often I just drop them. Probably not a good idea but if I don't get positive feedback I sometimes get discouraged. this may be why I have never written my novel, invented my invention or gotten rich.

You have an ability to see the big picture—not just how things are, but how they could be—in a variety of situations.
Yes, I can see the big picture. That is probably why I wrote some of the posts on here. I really would like to see some things improved in our world. I just wish people were not so taken up with their own egos so they could see past their own negative opinions and strive to make things better.

You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well.
I probably let those emotions guide me too much. I try to be considerate of others' feelings but when someone freezes me out by letting me know they would rather I was not around, bullies me or puts me down I take it too much to heart. I have a tendency then, to think that nobody likes me and that is hard to get over. Fortunately I have enough friends that I don't have to rely on one or two people and if they don't want to be my friend they can "bite me"

You trust others, care about them, and are slow to judge them, making you CONSIDERATE.
I do care and one way I like to show the caring is to give them things. I would rather give than receive although I do like to receive thanks. I try not to judge However, once I have made a judgment that I am not wanted as a friend, I will be mostly finished with that person. I will be "cordial" as my aunt used to say about her daughter-in-law (whom she couldn't stand) but they won't ever be close to me again.

You value your close relationships very much, and are more likely to spend time in small, tightly-knit groups of friends than in large crowds.
Oh my yes, This is so true. I much prefer going out to coffee or lunch or dinner with one or two other people that I do big groups. I find myself being "lost" in a crowd of four or five generally. I really wanted to just have one or two close friends who would "love me for who I am, and not for what little I possess" or could give them. Guess that is not going to happen.

Relating to others so well, and understanding their emotions, leads you to trust people in general, even though you're somewhat shy and reserved at times.
I don't think most people would say this about me but it is true. Watch me in a crowd. I am apt to be the one in the corner hanging back watching others. They usually have to approach me and even then I seem to push them away. Didn't find that in the personality profile but it is the way I feel when I get dropped.

Your close friends know you as a good listener.
Especially one on one. In a group I get distracted and lose the conversation. Just not my "thing"

It says I have low confidence (true) - I am open (mostly) and spontaneous (yep). Oh yeah, one more thing. I am way to sensitive. That's me, so be it.

So if all of these characteristics make me someone you can like and relate to I'm yours if not I will go elsewhere. hugs, j-bear

No comments: