Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Interesting Services, etc.

Blogger Play is a time consuming "fun" site. It is a real-time slide show of photos Blogger users have recently uploaded to their blogs. It's a great snapshot of what people are thinking and posting about, right now! If you click on the picture displayed it will take you to the web site where the photo was displayed. It is an interesting way to spend time.

Google Reader is a great service from Google. If you are like me and look at lots of Blogs you can subscribe to this service and it will monitor those Blogs which you put on your subscriber list. If the link does not go to Reader then just Google it and you can go there and set it up. Then when you click on your Google Reader you can check out quickly all of those blogs which you regularly read and then save lots of time.

Google Analytics is a service which lets those of us who have blogs know where our readership is located. The almost 8900 hits on this blog have come from all over the world. I have had readers from every continent (except Antarctica) and it Bloggers (sic) my mind to think about it. Some come just once but others come back many times. I appreciate that but I don't really write for anyone in particular. Just musings of things I find interesting or am passionate about or things I am trying to work through in my head. If you enjoy the trip with me I am glad you are here.

And finally a poster I found on Bartcop.com - It s from Mad Magazine and I think it says a lot. Bartcop.com is a radical Republican bashing Web site which I check every day. I enjoy it but my Republican friends probably wouldn't so I warn you against going there.  Mad Magazine - I remember it from my childhood. My cousin, Loren, used to read it and he got me turned on to it. I loved it. It is still being published and I think I will go out and purchase one.

Hugs on a rainy Wednesday. We have Flash Flood warnings out in Iowa Whenever we get those I think of the old western movies when the water would come rushing down the arroyo sweeping everything before it. This isn't from the old movie but it shows the power of a Flash Flood. jcs

No comments: