Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday Errands



I had to go to the Doctor this morning. Have a little "bump" inside my nostril to check out. His first name is Reason. He is number seven of eleven kids and his folks named him Reason because they were going to quit - but then they went on to have more..Nice guy. The "bump is probably not anything but I am glad I had it checked out.

Then down to Staples to get some ink for the printer. Bailey's Buddy print outs take a lot of ink. But I am glad I am printing them out. I want the record for when the computer that hosts them crashes. I had to stop at the post office and get stamps (Gosh this is boring!) and then I went to meet with the printer. For the first time I am getting the directory for the Red Cross done in a very timely manner. Last year we revised them and it took forever to get them done. They should be done in two weeks.

I am working on trying to memorize the charge for the first degree. One of the sentences that is giving me grief is this
"...ancient, as having subsisted from time immemorial; and honorable, as tending, in every particular, so to render all men who will be comformable to its precepts."
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THAT TO ME!!! I am not even sure that anyone wants me to memorize the charge. It was mentioned by someone that I should learn it but the person in charge of the degree hasn't asked me and it may be an exercise in futility for me. Never matter it won't hurt me to try.

I had lunch with Taner at Stompin' Grounds. I love that place and I enjoy Taner a lot. While I was waiting for him to show up I wrote a poem. I'll put it on the poetry blog. We stopped at the Obama for President headquarters because Jan Bauer told me that the regional director for the candidate belonged to "her father's secret cult" so I stopped by to invite him to visit Lodge. He wasn't there but his staffer wondered if we would accept a substitute to speak to us. I had to explain that I was inviting him as a Brother and that we don't discuss politics in the Lodge.

I did tell him that I would be voting for the Democrat who was nominated and that I always sat on the left. (And that is true- not only is the secretary's desk on the left but, if I am not at that place I am on the left side and I sit on the left side of the movie theater. I also avoid all right hand turns. If I can't get there turning left I might as well not go. But then everybody knew that.

Charlie proofed my Red Cross Minutes for me and so I sent them out. It is the first time they have had so few errors in them. Just little things but I really appreciate him helping me. Bill does it for me in Lodge. Even with the spell-checker in the computer programs I still find errors. The 8461 number on the counter is inflated as I sometimes go back in two or three times as I re-read and find errors. I need a Charlie or a Bill to proof my blog postings.

Tonight I ate at the Pizza Ranch again. I think they have built a really good mousetrap. Thursday is "chicken" night and I really like their chicken.

Then it was off to Lodge to a meeting of next year's line officers and committee members. Jeremy has a lot of plans in mind and it is going to be a busy year for Arcadia. He is branching out from just degree work and stated meetings with movie and theater nights and other family activities planned. A trip to the Grand Lodge Library with dinner at the Amanas is also in the works. Exciting to see plans made and activities on the calendar. - Yes, I came home and put them on the calendar. Some of them are still TBA but I am enthused.

I love the Mastercard commercial with the three kids with backpacks dancing. Who ever thought it up has my vote for the best commercial of the year.

Tomorrow I am off to Grand Junction to take some books over to Jack Watts and have lunch with him. I enjoy visiting with him and I am going to show him how to find my blog. I need a new reader.

My friend Bob is in Maine taking pictures of the fall scenery. He sent me this picture. Enjoy it.

Thanks for reading this. Non-symbolic hugs to you all, J-bear

No comments: