Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wednesday

I went to Des Moines tonight to go to the York Rite Meetings and had a wonderful time. There was a good crowd and the Companions and Sir Knights are a great group.

I got to pro tem for him in an office. I enjoyed doing it and surprising I remembered the part from aeons ago when I was Principal Conductor of the Work. Of course it was easier for me to learn things back then.

It was suggested that I learn the charge for the first degree and I have been trying. It is not as easy for me as when I was younger. Of course, the redeeming feature is that I was not asked to do the part by the person in charge of the degree so there really is no reason for me to learn it.

Greg Anderson asked me if I had been asked to come places and take part in degrees and was surprised when I told him no. I don't mind going someplace to participate but I am tired of driving half way across the state by myself so I doubt that I will be asked or even go unless someone asks me to go with them and I doubt that will happen.

Anyway it was a good meeting and I enjoyed myself. I have not been getting any e-mail lately - Actually none on my AOL account. So I am wondering if perhaps something is wrong with my account.

Hugs. jcs

2 comments:

Mark Koltko-Rivera said...

I have been noticing all kinds of problems when I try to send mail to someone with an AOL account, accessed through a "See My Whole Profile" page on a blog. I don't know why this would be so, but it is. I don't seem to have this problem with people who use Yahoo!, Gmail, Hotmail, and so forth. Good luck to you.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Thanks for the comment. I have a feeling nobody has anything to say to me right now. It seems to be working again. j