Monday, October 15, 2007

Jon


Jon came over this afternoon.  It was nice that I had decided that three nights in a row in Des Moines was more than I could deal with and that DeMolay was cancelled.  We had a nice visit and I took him to the Olde Main for supper.  He is looking at several places for graduate school. He brought over a CD for me to listen to.  Brian Setzer's - Wolfgang's Night Out.  It is a good one.
Right now he has taken Max out to McFarland for a short run.  I was working in the office when he came - trying to catch up.  I knew something was up when the dogs started barking.  Sure enough my good intentions for cleaning of my desk got put off.  I'll get to it tomorrow. 

Then he has to go to Roland as he is taking care of his father's house while Rick is out of town.  With all the rain we have been having they have water in the basement.  So they will have a mess to clean up when they get back.  Jon thinks it is because Rick took a tree out and put in a rock garden.  He says it is not too bad but the carpet is wet.

I remember when we lived in the basement of my grandparent's home north of Ames.  Every time it rained we would have a "stream" of water running through the floor.  Sometimes we had to sweep buckets of water out.  It was not fun.  It is still damp out. 

Tomorrow looks to be dry then rain again but the week-end should be nice and I am glad as Saturday I go to Cedar Rapids for Iowa Research Lodge,  KYCH (that is Knights York Cross of Honor for those who have been heads of their Lodge, Chapter, Council and Commandery.) and the Grand Master's Reception.  It should be a fun day.  Have a good evening  Hugs to all,  j-bear

No comments: