Friday, October 5, 2007

Finally Ready

As I have said tomorrow is the Annual Meeting for St. Bartholomew Conclave, Red Cross of Constantine. I am the Recorder and that means I have a lot to do to get ready for the meeting. I have been working for about a month and a half to get everything ready to go and at about 4:00 this afternoon I finally have everything ready to go (hopefully) and the catalog case is packed and the printing is done and sorted and into folders for the Candidates. We are installing six men into the Conclave tomorrow.

It is a high honor to be asked to join this organization. I felt more proud to be asked to join the Red Cross than when I was chosen to start through the line in Grand Chapter to be Grand High Priest.

There are two Conclaves in the State and we are limited to 50 members and 15 Emeritus Members for a total of 65. So in all of the state there can only be 130 members of the Red Cross of Constantine. The men we have chosen to join our Conclave are high quality Masons and I hope they enjoy the association of this order as much as I do. You will remember that I went to our National meeting last summer and here is a picture from that meeting,

The Knight Companion on the left with his face towards us is Knight Companion Frederick G. Kleyn III, Knight Grand Cross, , Most Illustrious Grand Sovereign of the United Grand Imperial Council of the Red Cross of Constantine and Appendant Orders for the United States of America, Mexico and the Philippines. He lives in San Diego and he has his bag packed also. I invited him to come to our meeting and for the first time in my memory we will have the Grand Sovereign with us for the meeting. I hope I don't screw things up. But, with a title like his to pronounce I am almost certain that something may happen. wish us luck. :~) Hugs, j

No comments: