Monday, October 22, 2007

The Rest of Monday


I paid some bills this afternoon and drove down to take my suit and sport coat to Hensley's to be altered. The Sport Coat (Which was just purchased this year was not able to be altered. It would have cost $50. and would not have hung right. So I have a Navy Blue Blazer for sale if anyone is interested. As luck would have it though in today's mail came a flier offering $50. off on a new sport coat so I was able to get another one. The suit that they are altering will be ready on Friday so when I go down to Grand Chapter for the Eastern Star Home Board Meeting I will be able to pick it up.

Then I went to the Firkin & Fox to eat supper (after a short trip to Costco - Gas there is $.10 a gallon cheaper than in Ames). Jon's Aunt and her husband have opened it up and it is nice. I had some cheese garlic bread and the Guinness Steak and Mushroom Pie
Our house specialty! Tender beef cubes and sautéed
mushrooms with glorious Guinness gravy topped with flaky
pastry served with mashed potatoes and vegetables. with a delicious flaky crust.
The atmosphere was very pleasant and the food was delicious. The only sour note was that, even though I was sitting in the non-smoking section, the smell of smoke wafted over towards me and the taste of smoke sort of ruined the flavor of my meal. the other problem I had was trying to slid on the velvet cushions to get out of the booth but I made it and enjoyed the experience.
Firkin & Fox
1451 22nd Street
West Des Moines, Iowa
50266
515-225-1175

Then I went to see the Movie Into The Wild. Warning if you click on the link it will take you to the Wikipedia article which will tell you the story and you may not want to know it if you are planning on seeing the film. Here is a song by Ellis Monk about the young man. All in all it was a very enjoyable movie and I really liked the scenery and the philosophy behind it. I think I am going to read the book, eventually.

Right now I have too many others piled up to read and no time. The "boys" go into the groomers tomorrow and I have a Masonic funeral service for one of our brothers to prepare for. His funeral is Friday and I shall have to miss that because of an Eastern Star Home Board meeting but I will do the Masonic service on Thursday night before our Fellowcraft degree. Saturday and Sunday will be also taken up with Eastern Star. Busy, Busy, Busy. Hugs, j-bear.

No comments: