Thursday, October 18, 2007

Is a Fellowcraft a Crafty Fellow?







We had a practice for the Fellowcraft Degree at Lodge tonight. I love the fact that we are having practices. It helps make our work better and makes a better impression on the Candidates. We had several new brothers there who have not done a lot of the work before and are interested in learning parts.

That is a good thing and it is a great thing that there are Brothers who are so willing to come and help them practice (learn) the ritual. It is one of the ways we build the brotherhood.

It is awesome to me to think of the centuries that men have been performing these rituals and bonding together and learning the lessons of Freemasonry.

Dave and Tom and I had supper together before the practice and that was fun. I really enjoyed the chance to get to know them a little better. Dave teased me a little but it was in friendship not with meanness. There is a difference and I am beginning to see that I really am a person who some people like. And if others don't like me that can be their problem, not mine. Dave and Tom are great guys and Masons. I am so grateful for the place Masonry has in my life and for the supportive people I have met through it.

Sidebar. The Cub Scout who came to my door the other day sold me popcorn. Tonight I received an e-mail from Past Grand Master of the Grand Council David Livermore's son. It invited me to go to a website to purchase popcorn from his cub Scout troop in Omaha where he lives. His father and grandfather are good friends and I was impressed that the Scouts had joined the Cyber age. So I got some more popcorn. I will have to take it to Lodge somenight for treats. Way too much for me to eat. Here is the information about ordering if you want to help him out
Hello, my name is John Livermore. My father is David Livermore. I am a cub scout in Den 9 in Pack 308. Just like the girl scouts sell cookies to raise money for their programs we are selling popcorn to raise money for our programs. The money we raise helps pay for activities such as field trips to places like the pumpkin patch, admission to state and national parks, and summer camp. Would you like to buy popcorn from me? All you have to do is go to www.orderpopcorn.com and enter my order key which is TEEM3UB. Please use this key so I will get credit for the sales. The deadline for orders is Monday October 22nd. If you have any questions you can reply to this email.
Actually the Web Site was quite easy to use.

Thanks for listening, Hugs, j-bear

No comments: