Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Comments on the Blog

There are actually a couple of comments on the Bolg. One is under Conversations about Books and the other is under Some additional news.

The one is signed:
Jay's argumentive friend who knows that when he stops arguing with Jay, Jay will start to think he doesn't like him anymore.
I know who they are from and I am glad for them. I have e-mail conversations (OK arguments) with him and I enjoy them. And it is funny because I was going to blog about that very subject tonight. Arguing with (picking on) Simser.

I went to Acanthus for the stated meeting (although why anyone would ever want to go to a stated meeting is beyond me - it must be the company) and it was a good time. I had a delicious dinner prepared by the officers and enjoyed the company at the dinner. The meeting went smoothly (even though the Secretary didn't think so and gave his 30 day notice - When he will be re-elected) and we adjourned to Christopher's.

I get picked on down there and my argumentative friend is right. If I didn't get picked on I am not sure that I would be sure I was liked (actually sometimes I am not sure). One guy who is younger (he says) than I am calls me "Boy" We go back and forth. He always seems glad to see me. The Secretary (I told you I was going to blog about this) always gives me a bunch of grief (I was going to say crap or sh**t but this is a family blog.) Some guys just sit there and (I think) wonder what is going on. Actually sometimes I sit there and wonder what is going on.

I used to tell my kids at school who got teased that sometimes the people who teased them were trying to say that they liked them. You don't (usually) tease people you don't like. Sometimes the teasing gets out of hand and I am not really sure how to take it. Tonight was kind of like that. But then again I may be feeling vulnerable...who knows. Over all I had a good time and Bob you probably deserve the headache you are going to have in the morning but I hope you wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed and remember every word you said.

There is a lot of joke telling and (usually) good natured kidding going on. I (usually) enjoy it. Not so much tonight. Bear hugs to everyone it is 1:00 AM and I am not tired. Max is barking out the window and I need to go to sleep because I am driving to Knoxville tomorrow. j

No comments: