Friday, October 12, 2007

October 12

Today is the REAL Columbus Day.  I don't care that the government moved it around to make a three-day week-end for the postal employees ( who else gets it off?)  

I remember it used to be something we celebrated in grade school.  To think of his sailing across the ocean on those tiny ships without any knowledge of what he might find is awesome.  

I also know that the Vikings and the Knights Templar probably got here before he did but he had the better publicist.   

Just thinking about all of the provisions they had to carry with them and if the fire had gotten out of hand there was no fire department to put it out.

I also know that Native Americans aren't really crazy about this day and I understand that but it was still an incredible experience so for today - the REAL Columbus Day - Bailey's Buddy salutes Chris.    Hugs,  j

No comments: