Monday, October 1, 2007

A Great Day

I got a phone call this morning from Kevin. He wanted to bring something over to me. Imagine my surprise when he came and presented me with this hat. The hat is on a lamp in my kitchen cause you wouldn't want to see it on me. But I am highly honored that he chose me to give this to.
Then the man from the garage store came and gave me the bad news. I have an old garage door opener system with cables and large springs. When I came home the other night the damn thing (Yes, I know I could have said darn but I really mean the word I used.) broke. The large spring was on the floor and the door is at an angle. Anyway it is going to cost almost $500. There goes the travel account. Oh well I could have been stuck in the garage or really hurt.

I got a call from Bob at Acanthus they needed some help on the degree tonight. Last minute. It could happen to anyone. I called Bill and asked him if he could help them out. He graciously accepted and so I picked him up and we went down for dinner. Jeremy was also going to help but that had been arranged while he was in Washington DC (via e-mail - Gosh I love the Internets). So here is Bill and Andris (WM of Acanthus) doing a little conferring before the second section. Bill gave the long trowel lecture and both of them did an outstanding job. I think the guys at Acanthus want them to affiliate.


Below are the officers of Acanthus and the new Brother and his father.


Here is Ken and Erik with Andris. Erik is a 6th generation Mason. If my father had been a Mason I would have been a 4th generation Mason but a 6th generation Mason is really impressive. Congratulations, Erik I am proud to call you Brother.

After the meeting about 12 of us went over to 632 1/2 (In Ames they call it "Grand Lodge") and had a social time. As usual a lot of good talking and fellowship. all in all a great day.

I also got a lovely thank-you from my friend Anne who the blog is dedicated to all this month and want to remind you to go to the left and click to donate for free to make mammograms available for poor women.

I also got an e-mail from a former student who told me her son is being deployed to Iraq. Please keep Nathan and all of our soldiers in your prayers.

Huge hugs on this beautiful Fall day from J-bear (formerly known as j-bird) -

No comments: