Saturday, January 5, 2008

Arcadia Goes To The Movies


Today several Brothers and their ladies and families attended the 1:00 showing of National Treasure II at the Century Theater here in Ames. I think everybody had a good time.



This was my second time for seeing the picture and I caught a lot more of it than I had the first time around. It still bothered me the speed at which actors traveled from one place to another but I will live with that. (Ed Harris in New Your and Nicholas Cage in Paris meeting up at Buckingham Palace. OK, possible but they sort of ignore the time factors. They do that a lot in movies.


I also came home and Googled a couple of things. The Ed Harris character claimed to have been descended from Albert Pike. I had not previously paid any attention to Pike's family. He was married and he had 11 children. So that could have been true. I also googled the story about the phrase Your name is mud coming from the name of a conspirator in the Lincoln assassination. Nicholas Cage's stated that while he (Dr. Mudd who treated John Wilkes Booth's leg) was innocent the fact was that his name is used in than phrase today because of his treating Booth after the assassination. This is not true. According to this article it was in general circulation before Lincoln's Assassination.


You can see from these pictures that folks were coming out with smiles on their faces. I had a good time and can't wait to watch National Treasure III. I want to know what they are going to do about making a story about Cage's ad lib when he said that page 47 was "life altering." It will be interesting. Someone on one of the blogs speculated that in order for there to be much of a Masonic connection page 47 would probably have something to do with Euclid's 47th Proposition. I guess we will just have to wait and see,












You can click on any of the pictures to make them larger.

If you haven't seen it go ahead and go. It is a good yarn.

Hugs, J-bear

No comments: