Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Tonight

Craig Ferguson returns tonight.
The Theme song:
It's Hard to Stay Up
It's Been a Long, Long Day and You Got the Sandman at the Door
But Hang On, Leave the TV On and Let's Do It Anyway
It's OK, You Can Always Sleep Through Work Tomorrow, OK?
Hey Hey
Tomorrow's Just a Future Yesterday
I am going to watch. He is the funniest man on television and I marvel at this monologue. I will probably watch Letterman also. This in spite of the fact that I am a Union Man. I believe in the power of the Union. I know that if it had not been for my Union (OK, read that Association if you want) I would not have had nearly all of the benefits which I had as a teacher. No one spoke for us except the Association.

When the writers went on strike I stopped watching these shows (except once in awhile I watched a Craig Monologue because Cathy would tell me about it and I had to have a "Craig Fix") I didn't watch Ellen who went on without her writers (but then I hardly ever watched Ellen anyway.) But Craig and David have worked out a deal with their writers and they will be going back on the air with them in the saddle once again. And it has gone on long enough. There is too much sadness in the world. I need the humor. Welcome back Craig (and David) Now if Jon and Stephen could just get things worked out I could watch "my" news again.

Jon (Jackson) was over last night and he and I had a good visit. He was here until 1:00 and I am a little behind today. I have to go over to Nevada to get a replacement sticker for my license plate. I paid for it on time but didn't get around to putting it on so now I will get in trouble if I don't have it on. Then it is off to Des Moines to have lunch with Matt as I wasn't able to go last Friday because of the weather. I am looking forward to that. I have never eaten at Lucca's and I have only heard good things about it so I "anticipate with pleasure" But, to be honest having lunch with this friend would be something to look forward to even if it was going to be at greasy Burger King."

I hope you all have a good day. Hugs, j

PS. Check out this on Forks. She and I are so in agreement. But she says it better. j

2 comments:

Dianne said...

So I publish my "Cockahoop" post and then I do my AM ritual of visiting and lo and behold! We have had the same thoughts about tonight - you added a photo - thank you for that - never tire of Craig's face.

"It's a great day for America" Jay

Anonymous said...

ditto!
so happy to have craig back!
so impressed with dave!