...the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance, requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens in giving it on all occasions their effectual support. Geo. Washington Feb. 22, 1732



Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Secretaries Conferences










David Baker and I went to Gladbrook to the Grand Secretary's Secretaries Conference tonight. It is always good to travel with Dave. He is my kind of Mason and a good friend. Every year the Grand Secretary ( Bill Crawford) holds conferences all around the state for the Secretaries of the local Lodges. This was my second time to attend and I went to Gradbrook because the one which was closest to me is scheduled for the same night as Ames York Rite.














We drove over and found ourselves on a gravel road (darn you Google Maps) and we were driving up and down hills and around curves and I had no idea where we were going. I thought we were going North and the compass said we were headed East. It was OK because we eventually got there in time.

The conference covered a lot of things including the changes in the Code and forms which we as secretary have to fill out as part of our responsibility. Bill does a nice job with these meetings and I always learn something. I also liked the idea that it was a smaller group that last year as I got to ask a few more questions.

I also got some time today to develop two articles to send into the Philalathes magazine and to clean the cupboard above the refrigerator. I was surprised to find some of the "stuff" that I had stuffed up there.

When I went to leave Cassie went to the basement and she spent the evening down there. Bailey got into the garage and wanted to go with me. I had to catch him and put him in the house so I was a little late picking up David.

Tomorrow David and I and maybe some others are going to Des Moines for York Rite. Busy, Busy, Busy. It is a Billy DeWolfe week. Hugs, j

No comments: