Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Secretaries Conferences










David Baker and I went to Gladbrook to the Grand Secretary's Secretaries Conference tonight. It is always good to travel with Dave. He is my kind of Mason and a good friend. Every year the Grand Secretary ( Bill Crawford) holds conferences all around the state for the Secretaries of the local Lodges. This was my second time to attend and I went to Gradbrook because the one which was closest to me is scheduled for the same night as Ames York Rite.














We drove over and found ourselves on a gravel road (darn you Google Maps) and we were driving up and down hills and around curves and I had no idea where we were going. I thought we were going North and the compass said we were headed East. It was OK because we eventually got there in time.

The conference covered a lot of things including the changes in the Code and forms which we as secretary have to fill out as part of our responsibility. Bill does a nice job with these meetings and I always learn something. I also liked the idea that it was a smaller group that last year as I got to ask a few more questions.

I also got some time today to develop two articles to send into the Philalathes magazine and to clean the cupboard above the refrigerator. I was surprised to find some of the "stuff" that I had stuffed up there.

When I went to leave Cassie went to the basement and she spent the evening down there. Bailey got into the garage and wanted to go with me. I had to catch him and put him in the house so I was a little late picking up David.

Tomorrow David and I and maybe some others are going to Des Moines for York Rite. Busy, Busy, Busy. It is a Billy DeWolfe week. Hugs, j

No comments: