Monday, June 2, 2008

Django's

Downtown Des Moines has a new restaurant
Django
French Cuisine
Excellent
The restaurant is located in the Hotel Ft. Des Moines and it was fun to go there tonight.
















The place was very pleasant if a little noisy but the staff was very attentive and my dinner companion Brother Trevor and I were very pleased with the meal. I had the Tenderloin Filet with hand cut house fries. There was more than I could eat. The rolls with herbed butter and the Beet salad were also delicious. Trevor ordered the Tournedos Rossini with sauteed foi gras, truffles and a Maderia wine sauce, served with Dauphinoise potatoes. I had never had foi gras before so he gave me a taste. Next time I go there (and I will go again) I will order that. It was to die for. Oh yes, They serve filtered water and since I don't drink Des Moines water I appreciated that very much. It went very nicely with my single malt Scotch.

They have a Raw Bar (pictured) which does not appeal to me but I am sure it will to a lot of people. They also have a private dining room which will seat up to 60 people and can be divided into two rooms. I had heard from two different sources that this was a wonderful place to eat. They weren't wrong. I am sure that there are other places that have this type of restaurant but it is something new in central Iowa and it was worth the trip to go there. The bill for the two of us was $68. and that included my Scotch.

And the sunset on the way home was beautiful. Click on any picture to embiggen it.
ARTYAL - Hugs, J

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Looks wonderful! Great photos!!

I'm hungry now