Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday Diary

So I had Coffee with my friend Dallas this morning. I always enjoy playing "catch up" with her.

Then it was off to see my foot doctor. That is him in the picture of the picture with his family. By the time I got back in with the camera he was already with another patient so I didn't get his picture with the surgical tool he walked in the room with when I got there. I convinced his nurse to pose with it. They are all so nice and fun out there. - I think I have been seeing him for about a year. The same sore and the same spot but it "looks healthy" - just doesn't want to heal.

I would miss our visits.
And the reminder calls.
And the remarks. They look at my blog occasionally and thought that one of the cartoons in today's "Found" posting looked like Jay Simser. I'll let you figure out which one.

















I took a couple of pictures of a bank full South Skunk River to let you know we are still having floods. Not as bad as some places, however.

Our Grand Secretary (in Cedar Rapids) sent the following message out this morning.

As you may know, an all-time record flood has hit Cedar Rapids. The Cedar River flood crest is expected to be about 12 feet above the previous record. Downtown is totally flooded. The sight is almost surreal.

The good news is that the Iowa Masonic Library and Museums is on high ground and safe. The building has not suffered any water problems from the flood.

The Office is closed today for employees’ safety. The servers will be turned off over the weekend to protect them from electrical interruptions, which means that no one will be able to file electronic reports until next week.

In addition to the flood, there are problems with the drinking water supply.

The main Post Office is flooded, so our mail service is uncertain at this time.



Our thoughts and prayers are with all affected by these terrible storms. I heard one story of a family who had just moved into their new home and will now lose everything because they did not have the special "flood" insurance you need to have. I am sure this will be repeated countless times. jcs

3 comments:

Raven said...

I'm not sure I'd have gone back if anybody had waved a surgical instrument like that at me. Wow.

So sad about the floods. I guess lie goes on no matter what we lose, but I can't imagine how devastating such losses must be. Hope FEMA does a better job than it has for others. They are all in my prayers.

Wordzzles & Mr. Linky are posted.

Ur-spo said...

South Skunk River doesn't sound attractive; poor planning on someone's part!
I too feel awful for the flood people; how sad to see one's things washed away.
It is still a sobering fact we are still at the mercy of Nature, who has no mercy.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Spo, Our other river is called the Squaw. That is even worse in my opinion. I guess right now Arizona looks pretty attractive (except for your Senator) jcs