Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday is Hump Day

I had the post up and then Bob sent the above. Too good not to include.

First a picture of one of the By-Planes that have been visiting Ames. Bob Kelly took the photo.
He writes:

I have shot over 5000 images of the biplanes at the Barnstormers Tour that concluded in Ames today. The planes as well the nostalgic and colorful pilots were a sensory treat in every respect. Here is a shot I took this afternoon, as the white plane made a circle for landing and came down to the south runway on final approach. I am not sure if the passengers who paid $50 each would have felt they had been on Cloud 9, but I suspect I would have. In fact....Cloud 9 may be one of those in the photo!

I went to Des Moines for the York Rite meeting tonight. They have really done some nice things with the reception room and it was nice to see the pictures which Ralston James had painted displayed again. Brother James painted these and they used to hang in the Temple at Tenth and Locust. It was like rediscovering old friends. I particularly like the two clasped hands.

Friends David Dryer and Charlie Smithson were not there. David was either off Grand Commanding or taking care of his wife who was stepped on by a neighbors heifer and has three broken ribs. Charlie is still on crutches following knee surgery. We missed them both. I took some pictures of the buildings and street around the Scottish Rite Masonic Temple. To see them larger click on the picture. Lastly I took some shots of the sunset as I was driving down the road home at 70 mph.

Jon was over tonight and planted the seeds for his prairie. I await their germination. ARTYAL, Catch a Hug. jcs











One more neat thing. The counter went over 35,000 today. Thanks to all of you for stopping by.

No comments: