Saturday, June 14, 2008

Population One

The Illustrious Order of the Three Ruffians has what I call a "Think Piece" It is entitled Population One.

It says in part"

How many neighbors do you know by name? Do you spend more time on your myspace or keeping in touch with your friends there? If you could personally relieve someone's debt or illness would you do it...if what it cost you was your time?

Here is a news flash. You cannot win...because life is not a game. You cannot survive life and neither can anyone else. Your enemies, if you have any, will all die. And you will too...taking nothing with you...especially the time you are squandering being too busy.
I think it touched me particularly right now because a friend (I hope) of mine is going through a problem. Actually a couple of friends and I wonder what I can do to help alleviate their pain and then I realize that all I can do is offer and if they don't take me up on it then at least I will have offered. And the offers are made sincerely. Doing something for others is a gift I can give that enriches me. That is why I am always willing to help when I can and graciously accepting offers of help from others (which is harder for me to do) allows them to participate in that same enrichment.

Go read the article. It is a little lengthy but well worth the time it takes to read it. ARTYAL, Hugs, j

No comments: