Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Miss Peter


Pete was "Super Mason" and he was a lot of fun.  If I wanted to go to a Masonic Meeting I could call him and he would ride along.  And he was a lot of fun to go with.  He moved back home and I don't know for sure what he is doing right now but anyway I miss having him around.  He and I went to Polk City a couple of times and even went once when the weather was so bad they canceled Lodge.  We got there and turned around and came home.

Pete was funny and fun and I enjoyed having him around.  I think you can see some of his personality in this picture.  Pete joined the Lodge and was soon also joining the Scottish Rite and the York Rite.  He had me take care of his cat(Pickles)  for awhile when he was out of town. So Pete, if you are reading this know that I miss having you around.  Hope you are doing well.

One of the disadvantages of being a Mason in Ames, Iowa is that we get guys in our Lodge while they are in college and then they move on.  Trevor is moving to New York City the end of this month.  I really enjoyed hanging out with him also.  Don't really understand why he wanted to hang out with this old fart but I appreciated it.

I could have gone to Acanthus, Polk City or Indianola tonight but didn't do any of them.  I still don't feel comfortable going to one of them - Still needing a good talk with my friend about things. The others just did not seem like fun to go to alone.  I am sure if Pete were still around we could have gone to one of them.  I guess I really have enough to do.  But I stayed home. 

I am starting two new books that Reece Harrison recommended to me when I was in San Diego.  I actually ordered them while I was still there.  Raising Atlantis and Atlantis Prophecy by Thomas Greanias. I think they will go fast if I can stay off the darn computer.  Perhaps I should make a rule that I put it to sleep every other hour.  That way I won't run to it when I hear "You've Got Mail!"  I am afraid this is becoming "the most boring blog on the Internets"  again. Oh Well, I can't be good all the time, or interesting or entertaining, or witty or - Well there is one thing I can do. I can tell you Always Remember That You Are Loved.  Catch a Hug, j-bear
P.S. One more thing.  The situation with the expelled Grand Master of Masons made the New York Times.  Story here.

No comments: