Thursday, June 5, 2008

San Diego


Des Moines when I left. I got up at 4:45 AM to drive to Des Moines for my flight which left at 8:10 - It was rainy. the bus driver who took me over to the terminal was a Mason so we talked Masonry and exchanged a little Ritual on the way over. He "threw" me some lines and I responded appropriately. He joined the Lodge in 1963 so he has been a Mason for three years longer than me.

This is Christian. He sat next to me in the waiting room and we got to visiting. Then he sat next to me on the airplane. He was on his way to California (Not San Diego) for a meeting. It seems he was helped by the Shriner's when he was a youngster and lost his right foot in a mowing accident. He had been told by someone that he "could not become a Mason." because the Shriner's had helped him. I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my life. He has been invited to Arcadia's Friendship Night on June 26. Oh I forgot to mention he is a District Manager and one of the stores he is assigned to is in Ames so he just moved there. I really hope we can get him in and if he wants to join the Shrine (and he does so he can help kids just as he was helped) I will take him all the way.



SAN DIEGO - I have died and gone to heaven. These next few pictures are out the shuttle window as I was going to the Hotel - I don't think I bothered to tell anyone. I am at the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley and it is beautiful.





There is a lot to see here and I won't get to see it all because I have meetings to go to. But I am staying Sunday and Monday my plane doesn't leave until 4:00 PM. (Gets in to Des Moines about Midnight) and I have a Trolley Pass so you will see more.
I got into the Hotel. Registered, Checked out the room. found out there is an add on charge of $10.00 a day for Internet access but I am an Internet Junkie so I will pay it. Seems as if I am paying $145 a night they could kick in the Internet. But that is all right. It is only money.


I went down and got checked in with the United Grand Imperial Council of the Red Cross of Constantine for the United States, Mexico and the Philippines and headed out to get some lunch






I took some pictures by the pool and of course this is my chicken sandwich and fries. I remembered to load these pictures large. You can embiggen the others to see them more clearly by clicking on them They served this on a plate that was warm, Everybody was so nice here and my waitperson, Marta, was super nice.

Lunch
Palm Trees and Jacaranda trees(purple flowers) Heaven. I may never come back to Iowa.
Two Views of the Pool
Below - The view outside my Hotel Window.
Glenn and Freddie got here and I went back down to visit with them. We sat poolside and I sat in the sun. the temperature is perfect. I can feel the breeze on me as I write this and listen to the birds chirping outside my window. I am ready to go down to dinner and Social time. (6:00 - 9:00) I promise to be good and take some more pictures. Maybe they will go up tonight and maybe they won't. I hope that Lodge is going well and everybody misses me. Nah, I don't! Some people might, but I doubt if I will be missed that much. However Worshipful Master Jeremy has had a "chat" with me this afternoon and just sent me and e-mail wanting somebody's address. More later - ARTYRL. Hugs, j

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

i remember staying at that hotel!
if you can get to the zoo, try the double decker bus tour - but go to the bottom floor! you won't wait in line as long and it is a better view after all.