Friday, June 13, 2008

Found for Fridays

A Thief in Paris planned to steal some paintings from the Louvre. After careful planning, he got past security, stole the paintings, and made it safely to his van. However, he was captured only two blocks away when his van ran out of gas. When asked how he could mastermind such a crime and then make such an obvious error, he replied, "Monsieur, the reason that I stole the paintings is:

V

V

I had no Monet

to buy Degas

to make the Van Gogh."

See if you have De Gaulle to send this on to someone else.

I sent it to you because I figured I had nothing Toulouse.






True Friendship
None of that Sissy Cr @ p

Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good but never actually come close to reality?
Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.
You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this card-
Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.
1. When you are sad -- I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on mountain dew.

2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile, I know its something that I want to be involved in.

4. When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much Worse it could be until you quit whining.

6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.

7. When you are sick -- Stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever the hell you have.

8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.

9. This is my oath.... I pledge it to the end.
Why, you may ask? Because you are my friend.

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it,
But only you can feel the true warmth..



Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about his religion.
Respect others in their views and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
Seek to make your life long and of service to your people.
Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
Always give a word or sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, or even a stranger, if in a lonely place.
Show respect to all people, but grovel to none.
When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength.
Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living.
If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.
Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.
When your time comes to die,
be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.
Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."


And just a reminder - Sunday we get to watch the Tonys. Don't call during that show. Here is Angela Lansbury - I loves me a woman in a red dress!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

More great Friday finds! thanks!!

I love the gas cartoons and the NY Times headline.

I enjoy the Tonys too. And I love Angela Lansbury.

Have you ever noticed? she and Paul McCartney look a bit alike.