Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday - It was a wonderful Day!






A picture of the Prince in the outfit I got him when I was in San Diego (for his birthday). He chose to wear it on his Birthday. (Not too sure about the shoes though)










Now some of the pictures I took today.

This is the building where I used to go to Church,
It is now the Unity Church and they have put in a red door.
Here are some other doors. These at the Post Office

I took this for Doug at Heard Around the Campfire who likes to canoe. 
These folks were canoeing on the Skunk


This in the Bridge over the Skunk near Peterson's Pits.
The Beach at Peterson's Pits
Ada Hayden Heritage Park used to be a gravel pit north of Ames.
My cabin in the woods.
This one is for Bob. It is a Windmill. Iowa Kudzu?
Even a pile of cut wood can have beauty.
This is the vine covered trunk of an old tree at the entrance to Peterson's Pit West.
This is leftover Flood.
Iowa has Beauty wherever you look.

Click on this picture to be taken to the on-line gallery to see all the pictures I took today. As I was driving around the lyrics for this song kept going though my head:

On a clear day
Rise and look around you
And you'll see who you are.
On a clear day
How it will astound you
That the glow of your being outshines ev'ry star.

You'll feel part of ev'ry mountain sea and shore.
You can hear, from far and near,
A world you've never heard before.
And on a clear day...
On that clear day...
You can see forever and ever more!

No comments: