Saturday, June 14, 2008

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the rules.

Ten Word Challenge will be: prenomial, inexplicable, tangerine, masks, chocolate cake, panorama, librarian, Stonehenge, meek, florid
And for the Mini Challenge: vituperative, bunny rabbit, house warming, sanitation, triangular

Sallyie and Saydie decided that for some inexplicable reason they must leave San Diego with its many delights and return home for a house warming, for Larkspur Lingwater, a meek and lanky librarian. He has promised them chocolate cake, and a basket with at least one tangerine each in it. They donned their bunny rabbit masks and rushed to the triangular shaped house to see if Dr. Phrog had arrived back from his trip to Stonehenge. “Oh Phrog,” Saydie said, neglecting to use his prenomial, “I despise what you have done to your henge.” (She was the vituperative one) “You really must dispense with that florid paper on your wall. It is hideous!”

“I know my dear.” said Dr. Phrog, “but you must allow me time. I have been working on the panorama in the wall of the flooding in Iowa and it is talking me a lot of time.”

“Flooding in Iowa!,” gushed Saydie and Sallyie together. “What will happen to their sanitation systems when that happens?” We must rush there to see if we can make tons of money from the latest disaster.” (After all they were Republicans.) This will be a golden opportunity.

Unfortunately by the time they got there the waters had subsided and the sun was shining. Which goes to show that - Well you figure out what it shows. I’m still tired this morning.

Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: solitaire, pathological, grackles, alternative life style, manifest destiny, polarization, ugly duckling, folding chairs, flibberty-gibbet, hand grenade

And for the Mini Challenge: marathon, the butler did it, curtain, hand cream, flatulence

5 comments:

Dianne said...

If I'm not mistaken there is more dialog in this one than the others - and I LOVE it. You get such a sense of the sisters from that.

As to what it shows - the sisters are clearly not true, dedicated Republicans or they would have been there to take advantage or they would have sent Blackwater.

I therfore deduce that there is much hope for the politcal leanings of Salamanders everywhere.

After all - the sisters are role models.

Raven said...

Wonderful as always.

I was saddened to learn that the Salamander sisters are Republicans, but I guess it does explain a lot. We seem to have an interesting thing happening this week. Lavender Lingwater showed up here and the salamander sisters and Darth Vader both snowed up at dianne's place. Cool. Hope you have a nice restful day today. I stayed up very late on Thursday playing a silly game and I'm still paying for it. Not as young as I used to be.

Jeff B said...

So you're the one we have to thank for the word prenomial. Glad you included it. I would probably have gone through the rest of my life not having known the meaning of it or possible even hearing it for that matter.

Akelamalu said...

Oh Jay you always do such a fantastic job! I love the name Larkspur Lingwater - it goes so well with a meek and lanky librarian! :)

Anonymous said...

Jay, I think the word you want is prenominal not prenomial. Prenominal means a title in front of a name. The way I used prenomial in my Wordzzle refers to reflexive verbs in French... hope you don't mind my correction... :D