Monday, June 16, 2008

Opportunity Knocks

This is from my friend Kurt's Blog - Since I don't have anything better to do I am cross posting it here. So, If you are interested let me know and I, in turn, will let him know. You can bet I won't get much out of it as I do not have much hair. HA!
Revolutionizing Hair
Today was a momentous occasion for my friend Tim and I. Tim and I have been the best of friends as long as I can remember, through thick and thin. He was my best-man, and we've been friends while he's lived in Italy, New York, Los Angeles, and most recently Las Vegas.

Well, Tim is a hair stylist, and a very good one to boot. He's worked for Jose Eber, and has studied at the L'Oreal Institute in Paris.

Tim has come up with the latest innovation in Hair Brushes. I don't know much about it, but he's just finishing up the patent process on it. It will revolutionize the way stylists practice their craft.

So, today, Tim (with my assistance) started Severn Salon Systems, LLC to serve as the company that administers, brands, and distributes the product. The brush is just the start, as Tim is already working on the next idea.

He's moved back to Iowa, wants to settle down and start a family, and is looking for a salon to work at for now. (If you know any salon owners who are looking for a top-notch stylist, let me know).

Next, we need to write a business plan, get funding, and start manufacturing. If any of the readers of this blog (both of you), know an American (Tim wants all manufacturing to be domestic) injection molding company, please let me know. We'd like to keep the manufacturing in Iowa if possible, and that manufacturer(s) are ISO certified.

No comments: