Sunday, June 1, 2008

Iron Man

I went to see Iron Man this afternoon. To say that I enjoyed it would be an understatement. I was enthralled with the acting and the visual presentations. I know there was a lot of computer generated "stuff" in it but frankly, I couldn't tell. Perhaps it is my ancient eyes.

Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts (lets face it folks this is based on a comic book) was perfect. But then she is kind of perfect anyway. (Note to Wardrobe: Don't put her in such high heels to run away.. There is no way she could really have escaped in those shoes) It was also great to see Robert Downey, Jr. who seems to have rehabilitated himself from all of his previous problems play the character of Tony Stark/Iron Man with such good humor and fine acting ability that fortunately was not destroyed by his substance abuse.

Terrance Howard was also just right as his best friend/buddy and Jeff Bridges was perfect as the villain.

I ordinarily don't go to these movies but Jon had been and told me that it was a great film so I took him at his word and went to see it. He also told me that there was a closing scene after the credits and so I sat there and convinced several other patrons to stay and see it. I prepared myself to run if there had not been that final scene. (It took forever to get to it. - They had everybody who walked past the studio listed.) But it was there and it showed that the Iron Man character will definitely be returning to the big screen. I will see it and I urge you to see this.

To be honest my favorite parts of the film was the humorous repartee between RD, Jr and the other cast members. He is good.

No comments: