Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Birthdays



Happy 89th Birthday Ms Thomas
and 48th Mr. Obama.



Over the past years Helen Thomas has been a brave questioner of presidents since Kennedy. She once asked George Bush:

"I'd like to ask you, Mr. President, your decision to invade Iraq has caused the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqis, wounds of Americans and Iraqis for a lifetime. Every reason given, publicly at least, has turned out not to be true. My question is: Why did you really want to go to war? From the moment you stepped into the White House, from your Cabinet...your Cabinet officers, intelligence people, and so forth...what was your real reason? You have said it wasn't oil...quest for oil, it hasn't been Israel, or anything else. What was it?"
The answer- Well it was the question that was important in this instance because the answer was no great shakes. I am glad she is still there and still asking questions and I am glad to see that this administration treats this national treasure with respect. Now to come full circle the birthday song which Marilyn Monroe sang for President Kennedy. I seem to remember this one well - I can't imagine why.



But nobody does it like Tina

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I really want to know how he responded to her!

Nessa said...

happy Birthday to them all.

* * *
Please visit me at The Chrysalis Stage and Esoteric Uncovered.

twitter
facebook