Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday Wisdom


From One Mountain, Many Paths
An American Freemason Speaks Out for Peace
by Dr. Patrick Swift
Click book or here to go to the page and buy it for yourself,


It is the way of the Tao to return injury with kindness.
Tao Te Ching 63, Adapted
Taoism

Let us live happily then, not hating those who hate us! Among people who hate us let us dwell free from hatred!

The Dhammapada 15:197
Buddhism


Well this is one that is difficult. Over the years I have had people who did not like me or care for me. I have found that it is best for me if I just "write them off and let them go and be where they want to go and stay away from them. Once someone attacks me and "cuts" me I just "go to the other pasture" - I will not fight with them, I find it easier to just stay away from them. My neighbor once said to me that there "were six billion people in the world" and if he finds someone who doesn't like him or that does something he doesn't like he just leaves them and finds someone else to be his friend." I liked that thought. But it is hard for me, once I have been attacked to forget that attack. I have been terribly hurt over the years by some people. I usually figure that it is my fault, that I am not worthy to be loved or liked. - A couple of them have even apologized to me and I have accepted their apology but I avoid them whenever I can. I do not want to open myself up to being hurt again. I stay away from the venues where I am likely to run into them or if I have to be where they are I try to be in another part of the room.

I guess I do not hate them. I try to dwell free from hatred. I just do not trust them not to hurt me again. So I stay away from them and relegate them to another place where they can be free from hating me since I am not around them so they don't have to deal with me. There are times when I have to be around them and when I am I try to be "cordial" which is what my aunt used to say about her daughter-in-law -- that she would be "cordial" - I say hello and move on. They have been relegated to those who have shown by their actions that they don't want me around. I don't "hate" them. I just don't want to deal with them.

That is the end of the book. I have gone all the way through so I shall have to find something else to write about on Sunday - if anyone is interested. In the meantime I found this video this week and I think it is worth a look. Have a great week.

1 comment:

whalechaser said...

Your blog has become an addiction for me. Your humor and depth of feeling pump me up everyday.
Thank you very much for being here.