Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My day.

I was supposed to go to the bank with Shane to open a bank account but he forgot the material we needed so we will do it later. So I went out to Borders and spent money for books again. I got a nice deal. 50% off the hardbacks and I found out that if I buy paperbacks my AARP membership will get me 10% off those. I really do like that store but I didn't need the books. I would still rather have them than the smoke scented books from the library.


Then I went to Jethro's for supper (after a stop at Starbucks) and had a Barbecue sandwich and some sweet potato fries (I did not eat them all) - Bob Kelly told me I could get them there so while he was at the fair (See his post below) I was doing other things.

Then I went to Capitol Lodge for the first degrees for the son of a friend of mine. It was really nice the candidates father was the Senior Deacon, His uncle was the Master and his cousin was the Senior Warden. His grandfather was also there and was Junior Deacon. It really was a family affair. I really enjoyed the work and I always enjoy Mark and Bill Clark in their inimitable way of doing things.

Ted Solomon is from Ames and he belongs down there and does not drive so I brought him home. He is a fascinating person and I think I will probably be going to Capitol on other occasions so I can give him a ride down. He has to take the bus and it doesn't get back until 1:00 AM and I enjoyed myself and it is certainly better than watching the crap that is on TV.
Here is the picture of the group tonight. As I said I had a great time and I hope to get back for the other degrees for them. Did I mention that I gave the long apron lecture? Well I did and my errors were minor. It was neat to not be secretary. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

5 comments:

DonM said...

So smoked meat is OK but not smoked books? Doesn't that help preserve the paper?

kt.chris said...

How do you rate Jethro's for their BBQ?

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I found it to be adequate. The meat was a little dry. I much prefer Battle's in Ames but the tax man closed them. I will try Jethro's again sometime. The bBq sauce was good.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I thought of you yesterday. I went to the funeral of a friend's father, and a group of Masons did a farewell ceremony for him. It was very moving. It's the first time I've ever seen that.

Anyway, it reminded me of you because I know how active you are in that organization.

Ur-spo said...

it is nice to see younger people in clubs; few seem interested in joining such these days