Monday, August 10, 2009

Eating Worms


Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I'm gonne go eat worms.
Big fat juicy ones, little tiny squirmy ones, I'm gonna go eat worms.
First you bite the heads off,
Then you squirt the guts out,
Then you throw the skins away.
Nobody knows that I eat worms three times every day.

Lots of times I feel like the above. In fact, I am feeling that way right now. I shouldn't, but I do. Then I discover a comment on the blog and I get perked up by it

I got this one

whalechaser said...
Your blog has become an addiction for me. Your humor and depth of feeling pump me up everyday.
Thank you very much for being here.

It was great to get that comment and I guess the blog serves a purpose. It connects me with people. I have been feeling very sorry for myself this week-end because I have been alone all week-end. I would love to go out with people and do things with them but most folks seem to have "dropped me"

I am around people at Lodge but that is not the same thing. I read about people and their trips and the things they do with their partners and friends and I feel left out of the human race. I have friends but they all have families which they must do things with and I can't participate in those activities. So sometimes I feel like the little poem above. I'll get over it - I suppose. I am what I am and at 67 I doubt that things will change.

I sometimes find it easier to relate to the pan handler on the street who asked for some money for a hot dog than I do to people I know. (he got $3) - I got chewed on for doing it but you know I had it and he didn't and if he bought a drink with it at least I was able to help him a little.There are a lot of people worse off than I am. I felt good about being able to give him something. Oh well, tomorrow should be better. In the meantime, Thanks for stopping by, j

3 comments:

Ur-spo said...

No were eating worms. Apparently you have swallowed too many.

~DK~ said...

My boss sings that to me everytime I don't have messages for him when he comes back from lunch ;)

Cheer up Jay, we all go through times when we feel alone. I enjoy reading your blogs and your poetry.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I have days when I think of that song and feel just like the person in it.

I hope you're feeling better.