Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Comments


I haven't felt much like blogging the last few days. The place is kind of empty and sad. It is part of the process we go through when we say good bye to a friend. I did watch part of the funeral of Teddy Kennedy. Just as I watched when they buried Jack and Robert. All three were hard to watch but as I said it is part of the process. I am so very grateful for all the messages which have been sent and the support for us. Some folks have written that they are still mourning their pets who died two or three years ago. All of us sort of bond together at times like this. We send each other virtual hugs and sometimes we cry together.

Jon calls his uncle (me) and wants to talk about Max. He figured out that Max was only 46 years old (dog - human years) - Murphy (his dog previous to Max) made it to 92. He is looking for another dog. I told him that he could get a puppy and keep it here. Max was a big Sheltie and that probably shortened his life span. He thinks he may want to get a collie. I saw a dog on the Hearts United Web Site named Trooper that I think I like. I don't think I am ready for another dog. Bailey might like one though. He wanders around looking for Max. I think he thinks Max is outside and wants to go outside looking for him.

Anyway I have not felt much like doing much of anything this week-end. I am going to be working at the Scottish Rite in Des Moines all week so that will limit my blogging. I will take my laptop with me so I can blog from there. They are filming a movie in the building so that might be interesting.

Jon is going to get digital picture frame to put some of Max's pictures in. His Birthday is Friday - I think I am paying the bill at Heartland for Max as his birthday present from me. Thanks for stopping by - I noticed that my poor little blog has passed the 97,000 mark. That is just awesome. Give yourselves Hugs. j

1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I know that it is painful, but I am glad for your sake that your are feeling the pain because as you say, it is a natural part of the process.

Poor Bailey. Give him a kiss from his long-distance friend (me).