Monday, August 3, 2009

The Ugly Truth


Well it didn't get good reviews from all the critics but I really enjoyed this movie. It was funny. Gerald Butler plays a cynic and Katherine Heigl a control freak who is his producer. She first becomes aware of him when her cat steps on the remote control and accidentaly turns on his cable TV show. She watches for awhile and becomes so incensed that she calls in. Of course it is predictable - the next day her boss brings him to the studio and announces that he has just been hired for a new segment on the TV show. - Next, just as predictable the ratings soar and they become involved with each other.

He sets out to help her get the guy next door (a doctor) to fall for her. In the process they fall for each other and again a predictable ending, Yep you guessed it they wind up together. The dialogue was fun and sexy and this is not a movie for kids. But if you like a little risque humor and enjoy looking at an absolutely gorgeous Katherine Heigle you will probably enjoy this romantic comedy.

One more plus for the movie was a short segment with Craig Ferguson. Gerald Butler's character makes a guest appearance on his show and it was fun to see my late night companion on the big screen. They could have had him on for longer and I would not have objected.

I can't embed the trailer but you can click here to watch it.

Anyway that was my evening and I enjoyed it a lot. The preview had a couple of films I wanted to see and several which do not interest me at all. But then movies are escapism for me. I am not cracked up about horror movies.

Thanks for stopping by, ARTYAL. Hugs.

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

hohoho
Now I don't have to see it!

Nessa said...

I prefer Gerard Butler. Predictable is ok for relaxing and enjoying.

* * *
Please visit me at The Chrysalis Stage and Esoteric Uncovered.

Follow me on twitter and facebook