Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday, Sunday




















I went to breakfast at Waveland Park this morning with Brother Severn. Kurt and his family came later and joined us. The breakfast was great, the company was grand and I had a wonderful morning. Brother Eric from Southgate (not pictured) and Brother John (From Acanthus) and his friend also sat at our table for awhile

Severn and I went out to Jordan Creek to see The Time Traveler's Wife. I enjoyed it very much. Severn called it a "chick flick" and I suppose it was but I generally like that genre of film. It was nice to see a film with someone for a change.
A Chicago librarian suffers from a rare genetic disorder that sends him hurtling through time whenever he is under extreme duress; despite the fact that he vanishes at inordinately frequent and lengthy intervals, he attempts to build a stable future with the beautiful young heiress he loves. Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams star in this dramatic fantasy
I had seen Eric Bana on Craig Ferguson the other night and had seen the previews and I wanted to see the film. I recommend seeing it.

I did some "drive-by" shootings of the State Capitol and one of the bridges over the Interstate. Kind of fun. I really like the lines on the bridges.


My camera is amazing. I just aimed and pointed as I was driving by at 55 mph. I cropped them but they still came out OK. I love my camera.

5 comments:

James said...

What kind of camera is it, out of curiosity? I may be in the market for a new digital camera.

James said...

Oh, and I meant to ask you, what time was that breakfast open until?

James said...

Oh, and I meant to ask you, what time was that breakfast open until?

Nessa said...

Your pictures come out great. You can't even tell you are moving.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

It is a Panasonic Lumix. http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Cameras-Camcorders/Digital-Cameras/Lumix-Digital-Cameras/model.DMC-FZ35K_11002_7000000000000005702

The breakfast was from 8:00 until 12:30. Plan on it next month.