Friday, August 7, 2009

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.


This Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: reluctant, sacrilege, territory, humiliating, master of ceremonies, gesture, dirty deed, crumbling, thaw, token

For the mini challenge: official portrait, personal bank account, shoulder bone, unbearable, widow



"Saarah have you heard? Phrog has agreed to be cloned. He is reluctant about it. Something about a sacrilege to his DNA and how he would have to give up some of the territory ceded to him by the Dragons when the peace treaty was signed. I know it was humiliating for him to have to make obeisance to the Supreme Dragon but as LaGi was master of ceremonies and insisted on the gesture he had to do the dirty deed. It was the only way he could safely leave the underground crumbling city. It had started to degenerate when there was an early thaw. We must make more than token efforts to combat global warming."

"Yes Saydie I heard all about it when I was making arrangements for my official portrait with Phrog. (Do you like it?) Of course I had to pay for it from my personal bank account as Phrog is too cheap to part with any of his money. He claims that sitting for the portrait left a pain in his shoulder bone that was unbearable. I suppose if he doesn't stop whining I shall have to become a widow. I just can't take much more of this. Perhaps I shall return to California. They have cute dragons there."

Official Portrait of Phrog and Saarah Salamander. Saarah is the one on the right. I don't think she looks much like a Salamander but the artist was a Phrog and somewhat challenged.




Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: superlative, flea market, falling leaves, disinformation, who was that masked man?, keeping kids out of trouble, I'm a believer, bonnet in the attic, staff, generation

For the mini challenge: deep in the forest, government, charming, heirlooms, flabbergasted

7 comments:

MommyWizdom said...

Ha!! A wonderful use of the words; that was fun!

Have a great week!

MommyWizdom

Argent said...

Hahaha! Great fun!

Dr.John said...

A fun read as always. Poor Phrog first the dragons and now his own people when will he have peace?

Fandango said...

If we weren't so busy chasing a deranged polar bear we would come and help Phrog. We dragons have really grown to like the chap and we certainly don't want him killed. Two Phrogs on the other hand might be just a bit much.

Raven said...

I love the official portrait! I'm glad there is a truce with the dragons. And appreciate the concern for global warming. Phrog's are deeply impacted and I'm glad they are being good spokesfrogs on the subject.

SouthLakesMom said...

Poor phrog. Cloning takes all the fun out of reproduction! Good story this week!

HeatherK said...

So cute , it's nice that they have an official portrait.