Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday Again

No Lodge tonight and it is a good thing because Ginny and Bruce are here from Kansas City. You can't get as good a tenderloin in KC as you can in Gilbert. The Suburban Restaurant has been a cornerstone of the little community 4 miles north of Ames for 45 years. I have to tell you I have been going there for that long and before that time we went to the Top-O-Hollow Restaurant was the predecessor to the Suburban and we used to go there as it was right across the street from us.
This is Austin. He is a jack of all trades at the Restaurant and is a greeter and gets our drinks and takes the money. He is a senior at Gilbert High School. I graduated from High School at Gilbert 50 years ago last June.
My nephew, Jonathan, came up and joined us for dinner. This is the new car he is getting. I approved of it. He is purchasing it from his Dad. I think he is getting a good deal.
I decided to come home via the gravel roads and did some "drive by shooting. First some Golden Rod. I have always liked this plants flowers.

This is the view that the people in the house below enjoy. I envy them a little. Then I remember that for several months there is ice and snow to contend with. On a hill in Jan and Feb. I don't think I want to drive on it then.
I love the archway and the flowers growing around it.
This is the Skunk River (below)
Some of the wild flowers growing along the side of the road. I think the
y



And then on lower Stagecoach Road. I call it Strange Farm because of the "things" which are rusting away placed in a seemingly random manner. Just sitting around.



And the wildness of the trees always intrigues me.


When I got home Theresa was just finishing cleaning and boy am I glad. My house is clean and the dogs are happy - Cassie is taking a nap. (So what else is new?) Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

1 comment:

DonM said...

What, no picture of the tenderloin? You slippin' Jay. I was all ready to compare it to some I have had.