Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Dawsons come to Ames/Awesome Sunflowers

When I was in Kansas City on the way back from Oklahoma my sister gave me a wall hanging she had made for Tracy and Scott Dawson (cousins) and today they were finally able to come up to get it. This is Tracy showing it off. Ginny does beautiful work and I am glad she is still sewing.
Scott is my first cousin once removed. Here he is with daughter Emily. She is gorgeous and has gotten a beautiful tan this summer. We went up to Black Market Pizza for supper.
Tracy and son Tom. Tracy is a teacher and Tom is a Sophomore (High School) football player. He also teaches swimming. They live in Altoona. We wound up getting three extra large pizzas and caught up on things. They had been up to the lake and had a scary time with Carole who wound up being bitten by a tic and getting Lyme Disease. It put a damper on the vacation. (Carole is Scott's step-mother.
I gave them my exercise bike. Scott is coming up next Sunday to pick it up. I think they will get more use out of it than I do. My knees wont take it and my brace on my leg keeps rubbing against it. - Yeah I know I should use it but I won't so they can get some good out of it.
When I picked Rollen up to go to Lodge Thursday I noticed his neighbor's sunflowers. They are over 10 feet tall and so I went by on the way back from Pizza and did another "drive by shooting" When I was there Thursday they were not as bent over but they are still pretty impressive.
It has been a great Saturday. It had been far to long since I had seen the Dawsons so it was a real treat to catch up with them. They had never had a Reuben Pizza before. I sold them on it. I am stuffed and content. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL. Hugs, j

No comments: