Friday, May 23, 2008

Nevada Lodge # 99

All these guys got together tonight to put on a Master Mason Degree at Nevada Lodge #99. It was a very special evening because the candidate was the 73 year old brother of Worshipful Master Donald Pierce. We have two pictures of the event because I am in one of the pictures and Bill Bagnall is in the other one. Bill is a photographer and so I let him take the pictures.

Worshipful Master Donald, Newest Brother Jack and their other Brother who didn't want his picture taken but we made him anyway. Three very fine Masons. I am sorry I did not get the other name. My bad! This was one fine evening. Brother Jack is from Tennessee and he was up here to see his Brother installed (or at least I think that is why he was here. He decided to petition the Lodge. In order for him to join Nevada Lodge they had to cross every "T" and dot every "i"" with the two Grand Lodges getting dispensations, etc. But they did it and he was initiated, passed and raised and believe me it was a great degree.

Brother Dave Aves was Master in the first section and Paul Miller was K.S. in the second section. I got to do the Chaplain's part and also the 3rd R. I enjoyed myself tremendously. And Dave and Paul were outstanding. Bill Bagnall gave Earl Griffith's trowel lecture and I had not seen it for years. It is similar to the one Bill Yungclas gives but just a little different. It brought back memories. Earl used to do the lecture when I first came to Ames.

Dave's charge was very meaningful. He took the candidate all around the room and essentially reminded him of the three degrees and the important parts of his initiatic experience.

You know it really doesn't matter. No matter what Lodge you attend, you gain something from the Degree. And you gain a lot by being with Brothers. I had a very moving experience at Nevada Lodge # 99 and I am glad I was asked to help out.


And as always food following the degree is very important. If you want to see all of the other pictures visit the on-line album here. ARTYRL, Hugs, j

No comments: