Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday Again


This is an old picture of Bailey at the Groomers but it works. I took him up for his every six week groom this morning at 7:30 AM.
Then I went home and read my blogs and called the Des Moines Register.

I no longer take a newspaper. I had trouble with the Ames Paper not being delivered inside the front door and the same thing was happening with the Des Moines Register. I canceled the Ames paper about three weeks ago. And I have been calling and warning the Des Moines paper I would do the same thing with them. When I was talking to the very nice lady on the phone she looked up the record of the number of times I had called about this. Evidently it was about 10 times so I had been patient. Anyway, I no longer take the paper. If somebody dies you will have to call me and tell me if you want me to know. If you die and I don't know about it then I will be appropriately contrite. I actually won't miss much about the paper anyway. Most of the "stuff" (there is my favorite word again) in there I have already read on a blog somewhere.

Then I had to go over to the clinic to see Madame Dracula
so she could draw blood and run lab tests for the good Doctor.


I go to Dr. Alexander to check on my Kidney Function. He was concerned because of a cholesterol medicine that one of my other doctors had me taking. So he took me off that and the kidney numbers were improved. I see him again in 8 to 12 weeks. My Blood Pressure was good. I do need to exercise more. Perhaps a personal trainer would be a good thing. At least for a while.

He is Dallas' nephew and she had told me how much she likes him. I can see why. If John McSame were to win the election in November and I emigrate to England or Greece or Costa Rica (one of those places) I will miss my doctors. I love them all. They saved my life and are watching me to make sure I am not getting ill again.

After the Doctor I went to see Marsha at His N' Her's to get my hairscut. They needed it. I really enjoy everything about that place except for the little republicrum hair dresser who wears noisy shoes. Clicking heals and she voted for Bushey. I am tempted to wear my Worst President Ever T-shirt that I got from BartCop.com the next time I go in. I know, My Bad - So Be it!

Speaking of Politicians. I got a letter from Chet Culver and Patty Judge about my post entitled An Open Letter to Chet Culver. Matt sent the post to his Chief of Staff and it may have made its way to the governor. This was the response. Just a form letter and he obviously had not read my post which was more about him being gone from the state than his veto of the legislation.

He wrote in part:

"We were elected to serve all the people of Iowa. As Governor and Lt. Governor we have a responsibility to weigh the pros and cons of each and every piece of legislation sent to the Governor's desk by the General Assembly.
...
While we have always been a strong supporter of workers' rights and collective bargaining, a close examination of House File 2645 shows that it is not in the best interests of the taxpayers of Iowa to let this legislation become law. It is vaguely written with the potential for far reaching, unintended consequences that could obligate the citizens of Iowa to substantial new public expenditures. Therefore, the bill was vetoed."
Then he goes on to say that perhaps they might consider a bill in the future "after full public debate and discussion, modifications to existing law under Chapter 20 should be seriously considered to include additional areas of mandatory bargaining such as discipline and discharge issues and matters related to worker safety."

The point was Governor that you weren't here to lead that "full public debate." It wasn't about the bill - you had already vetoed it (for all the wrong reasons) acting like a petulant little boy who had not been consulted. The point was that as the chief legislator of the state you should have been fully aware of this bill as it was being presented and worked with the sponsors to make it something you could sign. The point Mr. Culver was that you acted like our most vacationing president (referred to in the T-shirt above) and were "on vacation" or running around ignoring your responsibilities to the people (all of them) that you were "hired" to work for. That was the point. Obviously you just don't get it. (I wonder if I can get a Worst Governor Ever T-shirt made somewhere)

Obviously I may be being unfair to our Governor. Perhaps I am wrong and he did read my Post and he did understand what I was saying and he just hit the wrong button on his automated response letter writing machine. If so I apologize. If not, Governor then you owe the Public Workers of this state an apology and a promise to work for a better law than we have now. It is time for a change.

So that is my Rant for tonight. My calendar is pretty clear for the next week. A week from today I leave for San Diego for the United Grand Imperial Council of the Knights of the Red Cross of Constantine and Appendent Bodies for the United States, Mexico and the Philippines.
I am going to take Trevor to Des Moines tomorrow. He has the new Web Site finished for the Des Moines Consistory and has to meet with Shane. Then on Saturday I am going down again to meet with a bunch of Brothers to talk about starting our new Lodge in Des Moines. This is a really exciting adventure for me. I hope we can generate enough interest so that it can become a reality. ARTYAL. Hugs, J-bear

No comments: