Friday, May 2, 2008

Wordzzle -

The rules are here.
Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: cranberry sauce, amber, laundry list, coffin, morning glory, shalom, mystery, sparrow hawk, pumpernickle, stained glass

_And for the Mini Challenge: margarita, gum wrapper, spring fever, Darfur, lace


“Shalom Sister” said the man from Darfur, won’t you join me in a margarita?”

“I would not have a margarita with you if you were the last person on earth” she said, “you ate all my cranberry sauce and now I will not have anything to feed my pet salamanders.”

I shall give you some pumpernickel bread for them, and some morning glory jam to put on it. They will thrive on it he said.”

The amber light from the stained glass window illuminated the coffin which was the main feature of her room. (The coffin was empty, serving as a bedroom for the pet salamanders and was furnished with furniture made from a giant gum wrapper, ) A lace doily covered the top of a cage where a sparrow hawk sat in the throes of spring fever.

“I will take your bread,” said the Sister, “for my salamanders are hungry.” “I must forgo the margarita, she said as she picked up a laundry list. It is a mystery to me why you should drink margaritas anyway as scotch is has so much more flavor.”

“Well then,” he said “will you join me in a Rob Roy?”

“Delighted,” she answered, “but only one, and I must feed the salamanders first.”

4 comments:

Raven said...

Delightful as always. I just love those salamanders.

This week's post and Mr. Linky are up and waiting for you.

Akelamalu said...

The salamanders eat cranberry sauce? LOL

Fabulous as always Jay. :)

Akelamalu said...

The Salamanders eat cranberry sauce? LOL

Fabulous as always Jay. :)

Dianne said...

I thought you had skipped this week! and I was disappointed, I look forward to hearing how the salamanders are doing, I think of them often.

I don't know how I missed this other than yet another senior/over worked moment

this story was delightful. whimsical :)