Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Rest of Saturday Night/Miss Witherspoon

It was so late last night when I got the pictures from Capital Lodge posted that I decided to go to bed and not finish telling you about the rest of my evening. It was about 12:45 when I finally got into bed and then I had trouble falling asleep as I was letting things into my head that I should not do. Anyway my computer was tired from the multitasking. It was uploading photos to my blog and to Ofoto for an on-line album (too many pictures for the blog. (I had taken 100 and there were only about 5 that were bad. Well some of the subjects of the pictures might say they were bad but I kept them on anyway.) and I was downloading something from Kurt and carrying on an e-mail conversation with him and my computer was tired.

The "boys" let me sleep until 8:15 this morning and that was a good thing. I am just now getting around to posting and I have not read the paper yet.

Anyway after the photo shoot I went to Chef's Kitchen for dinner. I had a small sirloin and steamed vegetables and a salad. It was delicious and I topped it off with a chocolate Chip Cookie. I always feel guilty taking up a table when I eat alone but that is the way it is and they never make me feel unwelcome. I should probably try to find other places but there is something nice about going someplace where you feel welcome.

Then I went to StageWest's production of Miss Witherspoon

I wish I could say that I enjoyed it as much as I have their other productions but it just did not hold my interest as much. There were things I liked about it but overall it wasn't as exciting as some of the others. You can read Michael Moran's review here.

Rekha Basu, Des Moines Register columnist had one of the starring roles in the play and she did a great job. (But then knowing the quality of her work in the Regiser I would not have expected anything less.) She wrote about the experience in her column which may be read here.

This was the final production of the season at StageWest and I have really enjoyed myself. I am no longer a "Virgin" (what they call us first season subscribers and they gave us a $20 discount) so I will have to pay full price for next year's events. Which will be:
Sept 26 - Oct 12 - Reefer Madness: The Musical
Nov 7 - 16 - The Little Dog Laughed
January 30 - Feb 8 - Rabbit Hole
March 20 - 29 - Souvenir
June 19 - 28 - The History Boys

To say that I am looking forward to the season would be an understatement. This group has brought quality (often controversial) theater to Des Moines and they are to be commended for doing so. Thanks StageWest!

Today is Su Walker's Birthday. Su is the lady who organized the Masons and the Teachers and my friends to move all my "stuff" from the house on Southdale to the one on Glendale. This while I was in the hospital fighting flesh-eating bacteria which almost took my life. I can never thank her enough for what she did for me. Unfortunately we haven't seen each other in ages. Both too busy. Su is a Psychic Clairvoyant & Medical Intuitive and you can read her blog here.
When I was in the hospital Su helped me find something. I forget now what it was but I needed something and had lost it. I called Su and from her description of where it was I was able to tell someone where to find it so they could bring it up to me. Thanks again Su for all you did and I wish you a Happy Birthday.

It is also Evan's Second Birthday. I am no longer in his life (if I ever was) but I think about him and hope he had a very Happy Birthday. ARTYAL, Hugs, j

No comments: