Thursday, May 22, 2008

It Had Everything!


I loved this movie. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Harrison Ford still has it. He still made me believe that he was Indiana Jones.

The movie had:
  • Action
  • Suspense
  • Chase Scenes (several)
  • Mystery
  • Waterfalls
  • Old Cars (races)
  • Russians
  • Waterfalls (three)
  • Puzzles
  • Treasure Hunt
  • Fire Ants that eat you alive
  • Atomic Bombs
  • Sword Fights
  • Monkeys
  • Vines
  • Academia
  • Motorcycle Chase
  • Romance
  • Guns, Knives, and a Whip
  • Great Music
And I loved it - (Oh, I said that!) Official Site Here.
I saw it down at the Jordan Creek Mall. I love the theater there. Large curved screen comfy high back seats,Wonderful Sound - Great popcorn (What theater doesn't have great popcorn?)

Prior to that I had lunch with Kurt Hoffmann and Tim Bonney in Johnston. We are working on trying to start a new Masonic Lodge in Iowa and have invited about 40 Brothers to come to a meeting for us to explain the concept. It is not a Traditional Observance Lodge (too many restrictions) nor an European Concept (not exactly what we wanted) but rather a Lodge of Restoration. We want to restore some of the practices of the original Lodges where Brothers would meet for the purpose bringing solemnity to ritual, understanding of its meaning, education and understanding of the historical, philosophical, moral, and virtuous facets of Masonry; and brotherly love to its member.

Stated meetings would only be one facet of the Lodge. Just (if not more) as important would be the Agape meetings where the Brotherhood would meet in a restaurant in a private area and have special programs of a brotherly, educational nature. I personally am excited by the concept and hope we can find 12 other Brothers who want to join with us in this venture. (Grand Lodge requires 15 petitioners) Of course, we have to follow the rules of Grand Lodge. - I know I mentioned this before and there is a link to the Web Site that Kurt has developed.

After I went to the meeting I went to the Apple Store and picked up the new Apple Operating System (Leopard) and then to the movie I stopped at the Gateway Market and got some "unnecessaries" and I picked up a small steak (grass fed) for supper and other items of a tasty but not really needed. (One item was a Bacon Chocolate Bar - Very tasty.)

On the way home I got a good workout for my Bluetooth phone. I have a little clip on to my ear while I drive. If someone calls me it announces in my ear that so and so is calling me. I then tap it to answer. I hear them in my ear (hands free) and feel much safer to be talking on the phone. I used to have a rule that I would not answer the phone while driving but would pull over to talk. A Brother called me and I was able to talk to him all the way home. He was driving home and so was I. We got there about the same time.

I fixed the steak and loaded the Leopard. It took forever but I think I will like it. Jon came over and he is computing on his computer and I am on mine and we are watching CRAIG FERGUSON (the 19th funniest man in America) I had a wonderful day and I hope you did also. ARTYAL - Hugs, j

No comments: