Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Movie Night - Musings


I went to see Leatherheads with George Clooney and Rene Zelweger tonight. I enjoyed the movie very much. These are two of my favorite actors and they did their usual outstanding job.

I didn't get to see it when it was first out in the theaters and so I went to the North Grand Movie Theater. Imagine my surprise when I went to pay and it was only 50 cents. WOW! Not only did I see a great flick but it was cheap.

I was supposed to go out for dinner with Matt but he called and asked for a rain check. He has a couple of houses on the market and had to show them. So I am going on Sunday instead. I got a great e-mail from him today. It really made my day.

Jon took Max up to his friend Nick's. He also got a bark collar for Max. We have been threatening to put one on him for ages. He is a lovely dog but is out of control when he barks. I can't sit on the back porch because he barks so much. Hopefully this will help the situation. He said Mas was very gentlemanly when he was up at Nick's.

Jon is thinking of going into teaching rather than getting a doctorate and doing research. It is, of course up to him. He asked me about teaching. I didn't recommend it but perhaps he would be good at it. He loves working with tutoring. He doesn't want to leave Iowa but you know, teaching positions are at a premium and you sometimes have to leave the state to get a job. I enjoyed working with the kids. It was just some of the parents and a couple of the administrators who made it difficult.

I saw an ad for an Indiana Jones hat tonight while I was blogging and if you want one it is only $99.99. I really kind of like it -- but I am not going to get it. I am not going to get it. -- But is someone wants to get it for me.... oh well, I don't need it give the money to a charity instead.

Craig Ferguson is on and he is in rare form tonight so I am going to close and watch him. Sleep tight - ARTYAL, Hugs, j

No comments: