Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday Floods - Jeff's Pizza

Ames is flooded. Go down two posts below to see the pictures my nephew took around here of the floods. Highway 30 was closed when we came back and we had to use 13th Street,
I suppose that I should explain where we were. I took Trevor to Des Moines. He has completely redesigned the Des Moines Consistory Web Site and he wanted to meet with Shane to show him what he had done. (He took the cloud picture on the way back from the front of my car as we were driving 70 MPH) Since I am a soft touch and I really like this kid I told him I would take him down.
He lives at the Acacia Fraternity and I went out to pick him up and had to go an around about way as the Brookside Park was flooded and there was water over the road there. But I got there and we started South. Trevor took some of these pictures out of the car as we headed south on I-35.
These two are of the park and farmland on either side of 13th street as we came back into town. The little dots in the top picture are geese and other water fowl.. They love it. They had sandbags up so the water would not cross the road. The Hunziker Sports Complex was completely flooded. No little league there for awhile
Trevor mentioned that there was a really good new Pizza place here in Ames. Jeff's Pizza. It is out at Campus town. He said it is more like New York Pizza than anything else he has found here in the Midwest. Trevor is from Boston and has been accepted into New York University. We just got him into Lodge and the York and Scottish Rite and now he is leaving. That is life in a college town. Since we had gone to Costco and the Men's Warehouse it was now about 7:00 PM and all I had eaten today was a Yogurt and a Banana and I was being my usual grouchy self so I took him out for Pizza. And it was good. I now have them programmed into my cell phone so I can call in a minute. I highly recommend it - For their menu go here. You can also read about them at AmesEats. By the way they have a 20 inch Pizza. We got a 14 inch one and could not eat it all. I have two pieces in my refrigerator for lunch tomorrow.

Have a super weekend and as always Always Remember That You Are Loved. Hugs, Big ones, j

1 comment:

Dianne said...

wow - the water is really just about everywhere. is it getting better?

love the pizza maker photo.