Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Ginny and I went to see "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" this afternoon. Imagine a world where mice are brave warriors, with talking animals, centaurs, and many other creatures play vital roles in taking back the kingdom for Prince Caspian whose evil uncle wants his throne. And there you pretty much have the story.

Oh yes, the heroes of the story were also in "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" only now they are 1300 years older. (Funny they look like the same kids who were in the first movie.) Oh yes and the villains all look Spanish.

The official Website is here.

Widget here





I enjoyed the movie but thought parts of it dragged a little. I know that the young gamers like to see the battle scenes but they don't really do much for me.

Tonight is the season finale for Desperate Housewives. So the "boys and I will watch that" Found the joke below on "Of Course I Could Be Wrong"... One of my favorite blogs.

The United Way realized that it had never received a donation from the city's most successful lawyer. So a United Way volunteer paid the lawyer a visit in his lavish office. The volunteer opened the meeting by saying, "Our research shows that even though your annual income is over two million dollars, you don't give a penny to charity. Wouldn't you like to give something back to your community through the United Way?"

The lawyer thinks for a minute and says, "First, did your research also show you that my mother is dying after a long, painful illness and she has huge medical bills that are far beyond her ability to pay?"

Embarrassed, the United Way rep mumbles, "Uh... no, I didn't know that."

"Secondly," says the lawyer, "my brother, a disabled veteran, is blind and confined to a wheelchair and is unable to support his wife and six children."

The stricken United Way rep begins to stammer an apology, but is cut off again. "Thirdly, did your research also show you that my sister's husband died in dreadful car accident, leaving her penniless with a mortgage and three children, one of whom is disabled and another that has learning disabilities requiring a huge array of private tutors?"

The humiliated United Way rep, completely beaten, says, "I'm so sorry, I had no idea."

And the lawyer says, "So...if I didn't give any money to them, what makes you think I'd give any to you?"

Also Freemasons For Dummies directed me to this article in the LA Times. It is worth a click and a read.
Isle of View - Hugs, j

2 comments:

Kurt said...

I can't wait to see Prince Caspian. I enjoyed the Chronicles of Narnia as as a kid, and liked the first movie. Thanks for the review!

Ur-spo said...

I enjoyed it but thought it too LOTR-like. I recall the books being more child-like.