Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dinner at Matt's

I was invited down to Matt's home for dinner tonight. His friend Dan from Chicago was also there. Matt has a beautiful home but it is being sold and he is moving with Dan to another place in another beautiful area of Des Moines. I have seen that home also and it will be a really nice place.

I didn't have to lift a finger, they fixed everything. I took pictures of the preparations.

I would kill for this kitchen. Well not really but it is nice.
Steaks ready to grill and they were cooked perfectly.
Mushrooms. (As if you could not tell.
A perfect salad.
I messed up and did not get Dan's face. There was a candle hanging right over the table. We ate on the patio and even thought he air was a little heavy it was perfect. We also had steamed green beans and Dan's special potatos which he cooked on the grill. the best meal I have had for ages.
This is Matt. They had been working all day at the new place planting trees, laying down 4 (I think) bags of mulch. And then they had company for dinner. We had to move inside for ice cream and strawberries with our coffee. It started to rain. I took some awesome pictures of the sky and Matt's plantings but I will save them for Wordless Wednesday. We were getting thunder clouds, etc. There was hail on the way home and there are thunderstorm warnings out. I may go out and sit on the porch if we get a storm. The great aunts used to be terrified of storms. If there was a cloud in the sky they went to the cellar (not a basement a cellar) and I think that is why I love them. I enjoy watching the clouds and listening to thunder and lightening. Bailey is more like the aunts. He barks all through the storms. Oh well, to each his own. I had a great day with my friends and I hope you did also.
I also went out the Apple Store and Costco. Must stop spending money. ARTYAL, Hugs, j-bear

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I'm so glad you had such a great day! The photos made me wish I was there.