Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wednesday - Home Board and York Rite

In case any one is really interested I had Eastern Star Home Board this morning in Boone. We had a really good meeting and got a lot accomplished. I really enjoy this group of dedicated Masonic Eastern Star Home Board Members. They are great people who come back month after month to help the Home in any way they can.

Then I was back here in the afternoon and really wanted to take a nap but I didn't. I may tape Craig tonight and go to bed early. Busy morning tomorrow. Bailey and I both get groomed and I go to the doctor. I will also have to go to the grocery store.

Tonight we had our York Rite meeting. Several of us ate at the Pizza Ranch and then went to the Temple for the meeting. We have decided to work on doing the Mark Master Degree ourselves and I volunteered to re-learn the RWM part for the degree. I think I must be nuts. But I really do want to see our York Rite come back from the lethargic funk it has been in for years.

I am not planning on going to Grand Chapter and Council this summer. It will be the first one I have missed since I was Grand High Priest (except for maybe one) There are still unresolved issues with Someone and I feel until they are resolved it is best for my well-being to keep a low profile. Besides there is really nothing for me to do there and I don't see much point in going. I am looking forward to working in Ames in our York Rite and that is enough. We had a super meeting tonight. David is a good High Priest, Master and Commander. He is also Junior Warden in the Lodge and will be a great Master. Everybody seems to be interested and moving forward again. It feels good.

No comments: