Friday, May 9, 2008

"My" Tree/

This is the tree in the front corner of my place. It is is full bloom right now and it is beautiful.

This picture shows the house. I moved in here when my sister broke her back in a car accident and needed a bigger place that would accommodate her wheelchair. I have a one bedroom apartment in the basement which is a mess right now because my nephew has his "stuff" stored down there. I have an office there but since I have my leg problem I don't go down there. I have a lot of things I should do around the house but I would rather blog.

Close up of the flowers on the tree. This is my absolute favorite time of the year.
It holds such promise.
I really have not accomplished much today. I have a lot of things I should do but don't seem motivated. It will get done someday. In the meantime this is sort of my TV night. Tomorrow I go to Des Moines to take pictures at the Capital Lodge 150th Anniversary. I think I am supposed to. Their Master asked me to do this for them ages ago but I have never heard another word from him. So I plan to go and take pictures and we will see if he wanted them or not.

After that I will go get some supper and then I am going to the StageWest Production at the Civic Center. This is the last play in the series and I have enjoyed being a "virgin" subscriber. Next year I shall have to pay more money but I have enjoyed it so much I won't mind. The only thing that would make it more enjoyable would be if I had someone to go with but really it is so easy to just pick up and go so in some ways I don't mind.

I am also meeting Kurt for a brief instance to pick up my coin for the Secret Princes. Years ago I was in Washington DC for "Masonic" week. While there I joined a lot of organizations. Tom Dean, Jimmie Arnold and Denny Zahrt were also there. They told me that they were going to start their own organization called the "Seven Wonders of the Universe." I could be an Associate Wonder (because the Wonders were full) - I came home - fired up the computer and wrote them a letter telling them to cease and desist from their spurious organization because they did not have the permission of the "Secret Princes of the Hidden Temple" to organize.

Over the years we have bantered this back and forth and I have enjoyed a rich fantasy life around this invention. Now my friend Kurt has picked up on my design for a logo for the Secret Princes and done a magnificent job in graphically depicting it. We started out with the idea of an informal group but that idea has evolved to the point where we want to start a new Lodge in Iowa based on the European Concept or Traditional Observance Lodge. We are still in the investigation stage but if we can get it off the ground it would be a nice addition to our Masonic life. Kurt has written by-laws which are being looked over and we plan to invite several Masons to join with us in this endeavor. He even has a web site started and if you want to see it go here. As it develops I will tell you more. In the meantime have a great week-end and enjoy life. ARTYAL. Big Hugs, j-bear

No comments: